Monday, August 2, 2010

Don't tell me you're "Waiting on God" when your plan is already in motion...

You've been married for just a few years... that's not "waiting on God." Waiting on God is the faith of Sarah when she was in her SIXTYS when she was blessed with Abraham's son. I tried for a full two years from the "ripe old age" of 26-28 before I was diagnosed with PCOS, had to go on a low glycemic diet & lose thirty pounds before my Dr would even THINK about putting me on hormones or any such type of fertility drug. So I lost the weight & guess what... I was pregnant 3 months later. No Fertility Drugs NEEDED!

My beautiful daughter... MY daughter, my flesh and blood, my child, was born TO me before I turned 30. I didn't go out and court a poor, frazzled, out of sorts, hormonal, underage, ashamed birth mother... I prayed & I TRULY waited. So instead of feeling as though I NEEDED a child to complete me & to complete my family... I waited until I was rewarded for my faith & my diligence and was given the gift of MY child... not ripping one from the arms of another.

So, best of luck to you with your "wait"... but don't go flashing all this "faith & waiting on God" stuff when you're actually just waiting to tear apart a natural family that OBVIOUSLY God had a plan for... that didn't involve YOU until you stuck YOUR plans above HIS!



By the way, WAITING on God entails actually WAITING!  That whole "be still" thing... the part where you're faithful enough to do NOTHING while God works HIS plan... instead of jumping the gun & expecting God to just up & "bless you" with someone else's child!

My voice comes from a place of hurt because I'm an adoptee & a Christian...

0 comments:

Post a Comment